I will keep all the posts about Turkey up, not to worry. I hope that the lessons I learned in Turkey can be past on to other aspiring hockey players seeking adventure and a change of scenery in a foreign country.
But now my focus will be on everyday life after the last buzzer of my championship losing game, ouch, still hard to take that loss. Now I am living in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia with my fiance Brittany and our two dogs; Sophia and Winnie. For those of you unfamiliar with Dartmouth I will share a little information with you.
Dartmouth is part of the HRM (Halifax Regional Municipality), that means that Dartmouth isn't a city anymore and is part of Halifax. Dartmouth is where Sidney Crosby played his minor hockey (grew up in Cole Harbour) and inspired the TV show Trailer Park Boys (filmed all around Dartmouth). It was also here that the revolutionary Starr Mfg. Company developed the early model of what we use today to play hockey on; the hockey skate.
Furthermore in 1912 the famous ship Titanic sunk and victims and survivors were brought to Halifax. 140 victims are still buried in Halifax. Five years later a French artillery boat collided in the harbour with a Belgian aid ship and exploded causing the worst man-made explosion before the atomic bomb. Halifax and Dartmouth saw over 1500 people killed in the blast, while most of Halifax was completely obliterated.
So thats a little history about the area, and in the following months I will be posting updates on happenings and general interest parts on what life is like after the skates are off and reality sets in.
No comments:
Post a Comment