Wednesday, October 27, 2010

And Another Murder....

Dartmouth, NS - This is something new to me, two homicides in two weeks! Halifax had one that is a 12 minute drive from our house last week and this weekend one happened a little closer to home.

A pizza delivery guy was shot and killed right by my high school hockey teams rink on Saturday night!

This is only two weeks after a shooting that took place 6 blocks from our house. A man was playing basketball at a school and upon leaving a black Escalade pulled up and shot him three times then drove away. Fortunately the man that was shot survived and is still in the hospital.

Oh and an 18 year old man was found shot to death in the woods in the Dartmouth area also two weeks ago. Where are we living? Compton, Nova Scotia?

The high crime rate is shocking and I am actually a little afraid to take our dog out for walk to the park at nights before bed. I thought Canada had great gun control laws, but now I am wondering if the rest of Canada has good control laws except for Nova Scotia.

Besides losing a human life, a murder is so much more frustrating that just losing one of natural causes. The murderer rarely leaves any indication as to why he/she wanted to kill a person. It seems like the police have no links to any of these deaths and in most cases they will go cold. This must be so frustrating for the family members, left with no answers. Would it be so hard to at least leave a note? Just a quick scribble saying "Sorry, but this pizza guy brought me an anchovies pizza and I have a severe allergy."

I sincerely hope that this is the last time that I will be writing about murder on this blog. One more, and I think I might have to move back to Turkey where I at least felt safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment