Dartmouth, NS - Since my playing days are over from hockey, doesn't mean I can't write about other players careers. This season I decided to write updates on a few guys I used to play, coach, train, and became friends with. This first article is about a goalie I met at Pro-Formance Goaltender schools in Vancouver, British Columbia. We also were goaltender coaches at Okanagan Hockey School in Penticton, BC for a few years.
His name is Brad Thiessen and he hails from Aldergrove, British Columbia. Currently he is playing Wilkes/Barre Scranton Penguins of the American Hockey League (Pittsburgh Penguins farm team).
Brad played Jr.A in the BCHL for the Prince George Spruce Kings, Penticton Panthers, and Merritt Centennials. After Jr.A, Brad got a scholarship to attend Northeastern University in Boston, MA and had 3 stellar seasons. During his junior year (3rd year) Brad was a Hobey Baker finalist and signed with the Pittsburgh Penguins for the remainder of the 2008-09 season.
This happened to be the year that the Penguins won the Stanley Cup and Brad was the third goalie for the Penguins playoff run. As you can see from the picture above, he was able to carry the cup around.
Currently Brad is with the WBS Penguins and has a record of 2 wins, 2.40 GAA, .923 Save %. Stay tuned for more updates on Brad's season.
No comments:
Post a Comment