Well, after much contemplation I feel that my playing career has possibly come to an end. After my very interesting season in Turkey, I feel that it is possibly time to move on in life. Not saying that I am quiting hockey forever, but I think I will be hanging up the pads and mask.
However, that being said, I am still hoping for a chance to play with Ankara University in the Continental Cup this September (anyone reading this, pass this on to Ankara's coach). But I could just be dreaming since I can already tell that either Baskent or Anka (one of the clubs own's my rights and I don't know who right now) will definitely demand an outrageous amount of Lira from Ankara for my services.
I can always dream though. If by some chance I can play with Ankara University, then I will officially announce my retirement from professional hockey. So for now, I guess I will just be 'semi-retired'.
Brittany and I will be moving to Halifax, Nova Scotia in August since she has been accepted into Dalhousie's graduate program. We are looking forward to another chapter in our book, but hopefully not too dramatic like the one we just had in Turkey!!
I will continue to post more information on Turkey and hockey when I get the chance, just hard since I don't have internet where I am right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment