As most of you know, I am not a big fan of the Turkish Ice Hockey Federation (TBHF) as I have had suspicions ever since I set foot in Turkey that there was some corruption going on. Turns out, I was right!
Akın Kılavuz, the president of the TBHF has been suspended for 2 months and is not allowed to run for president again. A governing body for sports in Turkey ( GSGM Amatör Spor Dalları Ceza Yönetmeliği) discovered some questionable spending by the Federation and has found the president to be in breach of the law.
Finally, a step in the right direction in Turkey. It is no secret amongst the hockey crowd in the Turkey that the board members and executive staff have been padding their wallets with money that was intended to help the growth of hockey.
I was hoping the board of directors would also face suspension or some form of punishment, but at least this has been brought to light. Such an abuse of power and black eye for hockey in Turkey. Hopefully a new president can be found to stop the corruption.
Should be important to note that Akın is a Police Chief in Ankara.
Articles about the suspension can be read here in Haber3 and Milliyet.com.tr (sorry but the articles are in Turkish)
No comments:
Post a Comment