The KHL is the top league in Russia and arguably the top league in the world aside from the NHL. Here is a clip from a recent brawl that took place between Avangard (black jerseys) and Vityaz (white jerseys). Avangard is lead by ex-NHL star Jaromir Jagr.
This brawl took place 6 seconds into the game! Now, I am a fan of hockey brawls and I have been known to participate in few back in my junior days. But what I do no support is a brawl in which some combatants do not want to participate in; and end up getting worked over. I do however enjoy Avangard's goaltender, Kari Ramo (ex-Tampa Bay Lightening), demonstration on what to do if you happen to catch on fire; stop, drop and roll. Don't worry, he was fine. He managed to push all that pain away and complete the game in which him and is Avangard teammates won 3-2.
On a local note, number 92 for Vityaz is Canada's own Josh Gratton. He came into the picture near end of the brawl.
I have to wonder How the Flyers would have fared in this situation! Oh wait they are crying about the conduct of PH Subban isn't he. Wncpuckdrop@ facebook and twitter. Good post!
ReplyDeleteSorry I meant PK
ReplyDelete