Friday, December 17, 2010

2011 World Juniors


Canada finalized its roster earlier this week for the 2011 World Junior Championship that is being hosted in Buffalo, NY, USA this year. The tournament has been in Canada for the last two years (Ottawa 2009, Saskatchewan 2010) mainly due to the fact that when the tournament is hosted in Canada it generates millions of dollars in revenue.

Canadians love the World Juniors. It is a time old tradition that on Boxing Day (day after Christmas for those who are not part of the Commonwealth) to lay around all day and watch the future stars of the NHL compete for the gold medal. I have done this for as long as I can remember, with exception of three years (when going to college in the USA, and living in Turkey last year). So this year I am back on Canadian soil and I look forward to being able to watch Team Canada battle it out in Group B(Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic, and Norway)in hopes of meeting the US in the gold medal game.

Here is the link to Hockey Canada's website with the roster

On a personal connection, Brittany's brother plays for Colorado College in the NCAA and his teammate Jaden Schwartz made the team (Jaden was drafted by St.Louis this year 14th overall).

No comments:

Post a Comment