
After my little rant below about the NHL and its fans, I discovered that the NHL has a site called "NHL Fan Face Off". This 'Face Off' is a made up panel of fans to discuss topics and potential improvements to the NHL. So I thought, well maybe I was too harsh on the NHL and the league wants to know what the fans think. Well I filled out the form first about name and email, then checked off some information about my industry background, then clicked 'submit'. Here is what I got
"Thank you for your interest in the NHL Fan Faceoff Panel unfortunately the group you qualify for is full. Should we need more panelists in this group we will contact you by email."
Interesting. I didn't know there was a limit to how many 'fans' the NHL could have. So I guess the NHL has reached its limit for a fan base and is not interested in hearing from the new ones, no matter how many there are. My view is that no matter how many fans there are, they should all be allowed to have a voice because without us, there is no league. And looks like some fans are starting to voice that opinion in the markets I have mentioned before.
No comments:
Post a Comment