
I am a big fan of sports documentaries. Majority of the NFL films are amazing. Every time I watch one of their films with the super slow motion plays and miked players; I become a fan.
That is why I believe the NHL should be focusing more on creating high quality videos with behind the scenes looks, miked players, unique camera angels, and of course somebody with an incredible voice to narrate(like John Facenda and Scott Graham).
I have not been able to watch HBO's 24/7 Pittsburgh/Washington series, which aired last night, but I have heard it is great. And even if it was not great, it is a move in the right direction for creating hockey fans in the US.
ESPN's 30for30 is great. Hands down, some of the best sports documentaries ever made. Now, 30for30 has only completed one hockey story that I can remember, 'Kings Ransom'. Which tells the tale of Wayne Gretzky being traded to the LA Kings. Good story, but lets get some more stories out there. Hockey player do crazy things too that are newsworthy.
Anybody with ideas post them on Twitter or add comments to my blog. Maybe 30for30 will take notice and hopefully the NHL will start to see the value of producing quality films. Not like the recent Chicago Blackhawks Blu-Ray that just contained game film. wow, awesome. I already watched the games, but what was said on the bench? What did the coach say to the players to get them fired up? Narrate it, make me feel involved in the game instead of just being a spectator. Wake up NHL! Maybe there is a reason why the southern belt teams are dropping in attendance and losing interest. Has anyone seen how many empty seats Atlanta has every night? Maybe they should move to a 9,000 seat arena so at least they can claim sell-outs. Don't even get me started on how horrible Phoenix is doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment