Friday, January 28, 2011

2011 Erzurum Winter Universiade - Jan.28 Scores Update

Two games have been completed today and here are the scores:


Women:
USA - 15 vs Turkey - 0
SOG: 34:2
Justine Ducie from the University of Rhode Island lead USA in points; 1 goal and 6 assists.


Men:
Belarus - 8 vs. Korea - 1
SOG: 61:17
Pavel Razvadovsky lead Belarus with 1 goal and 2 assists. Pavel has appeared in 14 KHL games in his career so far.



I watched most of the women's game and I was impressed with the Turkish women's play. For having some players with very little playing experience, they managed to put together as solid as a game as they could. Hat off to Coach Keith for getting the Turkish women's team together this year. I was very impressed by the USA women's team. For a club select team, there are some girls on that team that could easily play NCAA hockey and the played with class and skill. 


I hope there were some Turkish men hockey players watching that game because they could learn a few things from the USA women's team! 

No comments:

Post a Comment