Friday, October 9, 2009

Loving the Road

Kearney, NE - Arrived in Kearney around 8pm local time after leaving Fort Wayne, Indiana at 8am. It has been a long trip so far and one the most coming sites has been road kill. Not trying to sound too morbid, but to help pass the time I started a road kill count:
Deer - 8
Raccoons - 23 (most in Iowa)
Skunks - 14
Dogs - 2
Cats - 1
Coyotes - 1
Misc - 5 (cannot be identified due to the lack of parts, not a pretty sight)

Another thing I have discovered on this trip is my new appreciation for audio books. I drove for 4 hours listening to Denis Leary's book "Why We Suck" and this proved to my life saver. Without this book, I wouldn't not have been able to make to Kearney is such great time. I only stopped for a total of 9 minutes (calculated by the GPS) in over 11 hours of driving.

Well, time to head to bed and get up early for the last leg of trip into Colorado Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment