Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Punch up at BK

Ankara, Turkey - Brittany and I, being a little short on funds, headed to Burger King to get a value meal and we got a better deal than we expected. Not only did we get two juicy burgers, but we were entertained with a fight in lobby at BK while waited for our meal. Now this might surprise a lot of you, but after being in Turkey for 6 months I have realized that Turks will fight over just about everything. It is routine to see an argument and a few punches thrown outside our apartment between drivers in the street. Our street is a narrow street, yet it is a two way street and cars frequently meet head to head with neither one willing to back up to let the one go by. So this turns into an argument and more frequently than expected, punches being thrown. Now, another thing I have learned about Turks is that they don't fight fair. It is NEVER a one on one fight, usually two people start it but the numbers increase immediately.

This was the case tonight. Started with a little argument over who's turn it was (no such thing as line etiquette here) and it turned into a 4 on 3 fight, right in the middle of the BK lobby. Unreal. But it ended quickly and Brittany and I went ahead and ordered our burgers. Just another night in Ankara.

1 comment:

  1. I am an American living in Turkey for 18 months so far and I laughed out loud about the mention about line etiquette. I complained about that the first trip I made here.

    ReplyDelete