Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Interesting Start in Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain - Brittany and I managed to find our hotel without any problems. We met up with a family friend of Brittany's, Rick, and his friend Simon. Simon lived in Madrid last year while he was studying abroad. We went out to eat at a restuarant where a group of American's were sitting near us and a girl had her purse stolen! Britt saw that her wallent was still in her purse so we headed back to the hotel only to discover that her wallet was indeed in her purse but two of her debit cards were gone! Some a*#hole managed to unzip her purse that was hanging on the back her chair, take our her wallet and go through everything taking her debit cards and Turkish residence permit. The individual did leave her credit cards. Britt called her bank immediately and discovered that over $900 had been withdrawn!!

I have heard that pickpocketing in Spain was bad, but I can't believe how sneaky they are!!! That left a sour taste in our mouth and a long sleepless night, but onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment