It's the best time of year hockey fans, Stanley Cup Playoffs. While I am supporting my west coast team in what is hopefully a return to the Finals, I gotta mention a team I do not like.
I am not a fan of the Detroit Red Wings, but sport fans have to appreciate the impressive playoff record the Red Wings have. With the new NHL rules, a dynasty is very hard to come by these days but one cannot dispute the case the Red Wings are the NHL's dynasty of the last two decades. No other NHL team has made it to the NHL Stanley Cup Finals (6) or won the Stanley Cup (4) more than the Red Wings have in the last 20 years. Very impressive. But what is even more impressive is their 20 consecutive years of appearing in the NHL postseason, more than any other major professional sporting franchise in North America.
It is a testament to the entire organization for consistently fielding a competitive hockey team in the modern NHL era. Congratulations to the Wings players, staff, and their die-hard fans. Nice win last night over Phoenix.
Little tribute video to start the day off.
Detroit Red Wings Opening Playoff Video 2011 from Mindfield on Vimeo.

wow!.redwings is really doing great!.. Salute to u Team Captain!
ReplyDeleteredwingstickets.org