Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Welcome to Hell-ifax?

Halifax, NS - What is going on here? Every week I keep asking myself 'Where am I living?' because this isn't the Nova Scotia I had imagined from all the stories, pictures, and videos. But then I think back to my Trailer Park Boys episodes in which I thought was full of silly stories that could never happen. I thought wrong I guess.

Not only have their been a few murders in the HRM but this week two brothers were convicted of a hate crime that is usually seen in the deep south. Cross burning. Yes, two brother were convicted in a landmark case for burning a cross on a families lawn.

A state of emergency has been declared in a few communities in Nova Scotia for flash floods. There is also fear that the large damn there may break because of all the heavy rainfall Nova Scotia has received in the last 4 days. Roads have been washed out and homes are submerged.

Now for a story that has Ricky and Julian written all over it. There was a shootout in west end Halifax last night. Around 12 rounds of gunfire rang out last night and get this, nobody was hurt! Bullets flew through peoples homes and the gun slingers themselves all managed to jump in there SUV's and flee the scene.

Oh, and it snowed a little today. Looks like hell could freeze over.

No comments:

Post a Comment