Halifax, NS - Thursday is very important day for soccer fans not only in the USA but Canada as well. On Thursday FIFA will announce the host countries for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.Yes I am a Canadian and living in Canada but I think I can speak for a lot of Canadians that we are just as excited for the USA's bid as the Americans themselves. We know in Canada that we will never host a World Cup in this century, unless it's a joint hosting bid with the USA, so this is our only chance to get to see the World's best on North American soil.
The bidding countries for the 2018 World Cup are England, Belgium/Netherlands, Spain/Portugal, and Russia. The 2022 candidates are Australia, South Korea, Japan, Qatar, and of course the USA.
The website GoUSABid.com has all the information on the bid including potentail host cities. On a personal level I hope the US gets this bid because in all instances I will probably be living there by 2018.
Here is the bid video narrated by Morgan Freeman:
No comments:
Post a Comment