Ankara, Turkey - Woke up this morning to the sunlight pouring through the massive window in our new flat. Kate, Brittany, Coach, and myself have finally moved! But there is no hot water, no cooking ware, and only two rooms have proper working electric outlets. On the positive side, there is no mold, we have a new oven, new fridge, and a new washing machine (with missing attachments).
Brittany and I have been placed in what used to be a living room in the new flat. Great that it is large, but unfortunate because it faces a busy road (traffic all night), the curtains are sheer and do not fit the window, and the room is too big to warm up properly.
After going out for breakfest I get a call from my GM to bring the new Canadian players to our sponsors cafe to sing their contracts. So I head over to my old moldy flat, their new flat, to get them. I get buzzed in and walk up the stairs to the door to be greeted by my GM who is painting over the mold in the bedroom.
"Where are Blake and Andrew?" I ask.
"They with you." He says.
"No they are not, why else would I be here to pick them up?" I reply.
"They tell Dima they sleep your house yesterday night." He insists.
We don't say anything but look at each other confused because he can see on my face that they didn't come over to Britt's and my new place to spend the night.
"Where are they?" He says with his usualy smile that hides his confusion.
I immediately head to the cafe at the rink so I can use the internet and check my emails. No messages. Check facebook, no messages. I email my agent and Blake and Andrew.
GM calls me again and asks if where are the Canadians. I tell him I have no idea, but I told him they probably left. Two nights ago the contracts were shown to Blake and Andrew and they said they wouldn't sign the contracts until the mold problem was fixed at the house. So mold problem wasn't fixed and they held true to their word.
Hours later I get an email from my agent, Blake, and Andrew informing us that they left in the middle of the night to head to Finland for a tryout. Relieved they are ok, I have to thank them for giving the Turks the true definition of what it means to stay true to ones word.
No comments:
Post a Comment